One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large warship of a type built in the early 20th century, carrying similar armament to a battleship but faster and more lightly armoured.
- ‘The British battlecruiser's main long-range armament usually consisted of eight guns which varied in calibre from 12 to 15 inch.’
- ‘My ship was the Princess Royal, a battlecruiser which because of its speed was well ahead of our own main fleet.’
- ‘Only three of the battlecruiser's ship's company of 1,421 survived.’
- ‘Following the scuttling of the battlecruiser Australia, as part of the Washington Naval Treaty, and due to the age of the other cruisers, a small re-armament program was instituted.’
- ‘The other submarines changed course in all directions to avoid each other and the battlecruisers and destroyers which followed close behind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.