One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The order in which batsmen or batters in cricket or baseball take their turn to bat.‘I want you to come in lower down the batting order’‘the timing and the batting order can achieve the results they intend’
- ‘With four hitters in the lineup like the ones you mention, it wouldn't matter much where the manager placed them in the batting order.’
- ‘When the Rockies traded outfielder Juan Pierre, they created a void atop the batting order.’
- ‘The batting order definitely needs to be altered.’
- ‘The batting order has not been established with any degree of certainty; with many players unsure of what role to perform.’
- ‘We've also shifted the batting order around a bit and everyone's understood their roles, responsibilities and made a few sacrifices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.