One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The average score of a batsman or batter, in cricket a batsman's runs scored per completed innings, and in baseball a batter's safe hits per official times at bat.
- ‘He only ranks fourth in RBIs and is way down the batting average list.’
- ‘The Brewers had the worst batting average in the league, while ranking 15th in runs scored and homers.’
- ‘What major league player has had the lowest batting average with 100 or more runs batted in during one season?’
- ‘Barfield topped fifty extra base hits again, though his batting average was a shade under .300.’
- ‘I suppose the simplest way of gauging Test allrounders is to deduct the bowling average from the batting average.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.