One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This particular newspaper - for argument's sake, let's call it the Daily Express - often contains views of extreme toxicity and general battiness.’
- ‘The dozen books of Rumpole short stories endure as a gorgeous chronicle of English class battiness and the absurdities of the law.’
- ‘She is an eccentric in the fashion of a good many English women who have taken to the East, i.e. a mixture of battiness and extreme practicality.’
- ‘Later, as she declined into alcoholism, old age, and general battiness, her genius itself rusted over.’
- ‘The essential battiness of this notion seems to have escaped PI.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.