One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of beating the feet or calves together during a leap.‘the men execute dazzling batterie and tours en l'air’
- ‘The sensual Dmitri Belogolovtsev is a strong, smooth turner, but his batterie needed polish.’
- ‘The speedy batterie; the sharp, fast releves and jumps on pointe that punctuate the ballerina's solos, and the quick transitions between steps, are not simply technically impeccable.’
- ‘Mr. Muruev displayed some prowess in his batterie and big leaps.’
- ‘With his joyful batterie, Wevers is ideal in the role.’
- ‘Over this base they start to develop the other things: the artistic sense of the movement, the technique - jumps, batterie, many things.’
French, literally ‘beating’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.