One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The state sent him to a batterers ' program in 1994, but he quit.’
- ‘For example, if the batterer tells the victim that she will only receive financial and emotional support if she remains in the relationship, then the victim may decide to stay in the abusive relationship.’
- ‘Such a statement can only lend support to those who would accuse her of blaming victims and excusing batterers.’
- ‘For example, after an abusive incident, the batterer may give the victim gifts, treat the victim kindly, show more affection, and even compliment the victim.’
- ‘Every state now provides such civil protection orders to victims of domestic violence, and they are considered a basic tool in shielding victims from their batterers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.