One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of fish and other organisms) inhabiting the deep sea where the environment is dark and cold, between about 1000 and 3000 metres (approximately 3300 and 9800 ft) down.
- ‘Several bathypelagic fish species, whose occurrence has hitherto not been recorded in the Adriatic, were found among the catches.’
- ‘The upper reaches of the deep ocean contain many bathypelagic fishes with a capacious, gas-filled swimbladder.’
- ‘Multicuspidate radular teeth are most prominent in nude incirrate octopods of the bathypelagic Bolitaenidae.’
- ‘The behaviour of bathypelagic perch fry (BPF) was monitored during 21 May, 24 June, 8 August and 5 September 1996 along the longitudinal profile of Øímov reservoir (Czech Republic), using acoustic methods.’
- ‘The eggs are bathypelagic, which means that they are free floating, but at depth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.