One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the zone of the sea between the continental shelf and the abyssal zone.
- ‘Historically they have radiated (divided into new species) in bathyal habitats (bottom-dwelling on the continental slope between 200 and 2000 m in depth) and cool-water coastal areas.’
- ‘After a short erosion interval, rapid subsidence started to produce contemporaneous neritic limestone and shallow bathyal marl again.’
- ‘Wherever the Valle Group is exposed, it has been interpreted as a clastic, marine, sedimentary sequence that includes turbidite, submarine-fan complexes deposited in water depths ranging from outer neritic to bathyal.’
- ‘Their depositional environment varies from outer neritic to upper or middle bathyal.’
- ‘In contrast, the many shale layers seem to be poor in macrofossils largely because they were deposited at depth below the photic zone (upper bathyal depth) as indicated by benthic foraminifera.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.