Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A set of coordinating fittings for a bathroom, typically comprising a bath, washbasin, and toilet.‘the bathroom suite is white and includes a bath with shower attachment’
- ‘The bathroom suite has a shower and a large wall mirror.’
- ‘They sell anything you will need for DIY from screws to bathroom suites, but their staff don't have the first clue about DIY.’
- ‘The turquoise bathroom suite is in perfect working order although it is likely to be modernised by the new owners.’
- ‘Over the 7 years I've been here, I've gradually transformed it from a grim place of brown décor horror (oh, that chocolate bathroom suite!) to match my bright white minimalist style.’
- ‘Features such as fully fitted contemporary kitchens, semi-solid wood flooring, fitted wardrobes and fully tiled bathroom suites are standard.’
- ‘The current owners have recently installed a new bathroom suite which includes a power shower.’
- ‘Getting all of your other bathroom furnishings to match the shower unit no longer presents a challenge as the polished chrome frame will complement the remaining bathroom suite as well as other colors in the room.’
- ‘If it were up to me and I had the money, I'd rip the whole lot out and put in a new bathroom suite.’
- ‘The en suite bathroom is also exceptionally large and is fitted with a cream bathroom suite, including a corner bath, shower, fitted wall mirror and fitted wardrobes.’
- ‘Special features include high quality internal and external doors, Shaker-style kitchens, fitted bathroom suites, fireplaces with gas fires as well as security intercoms to electronically controlled entrance gates.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.