One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building containing baths for communal use.
- ‘She and the ladies were all taking a proper bath in the indoor bathhouse.’
- ‘For six years Mr Halkon and members of the East Riding Archeological Society have been excavating a site about a mile away, where they have uncovered the remains of Iron Age roundhouses and a Roman bathhouse.’
- ‘I feel that there would be a lot less pressure in a bathhouse than in a bar.’
- ‘The bathhouse was a large building with a main pool used for swimming and many side rooms with hot bathing tubs in them.’
- ‘Behind the house near the back wall were a bathhouse, a shack, and a bathroom.’
- ‘As a result, communal bathhouses, pools and spas are a house specialty.’
- ‘Long bright days encouraged work on the crumbling wharf, restoration of deteriorating residences, and a bathhouse which Tashakawa and Shiro designed and began to construct.’
- ‘Wealthy families of the period incorporated bathhouses into their mansions.’
- ‘The farm sheds and the bathhouse were undisturbed.’
- ‘The bathhouse in Cork city had horrible water pressure.’
- ‘Often driven by drugs, the semi-public theatre-of-the-flesh that unfolded in bars and bathhouses unleashed creative energy and drove cultural change - if you buy Moore's thesis.’
- ‘All the governor's men know, and though they have sworn to keep their silence, I do doubt their loyalty when they are in the inns and bathhouses.’
- ‘There's the gym, the bathhouse, the police precinct, the batting cages.’
- ‘Those who do not want to stay for the night can just buy a ticket for the swimming pool, bathhouses and dry sauna room.’
- ‘There's no indoor plumbing, so residents must share showers and washing facilities at a wooden bathhouse next to the parking lot.’
- ‘Schools in Harbin re-opened yesterday and businesses that closed due to lack of water, such as bathhouses, reported a surge in customers.’
- ‘Erial and her ladies were in the middle of scrubbing out the summer bathhouses.’
- ‘The bathhouse was two cabin-like huts that converged with a flat cobblestone roof.’
- ‘Now Budapest has over a dozen public bathhouses, offering thermal, Turkish and mud baths, with a vigorous east European massage thrown in for a few extra florins.’
- ‘The heroine is a little girl who is somehow transported to a magical bathhouse, where she must work in order to regain her identity and save her parents who have been turned into pigs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.