Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The usual time at which a baby or child is washed in a bath.
- ‘Think of two bottles of shampoo floating in the suds during the kid's bath time.’
- ‘By planning ahead now, you'll assure yourself of many years of happy bath times - for everyone.’
- ‘Whether it is bath time, story time, or bedtime, consciously appreciate the moments you spend together.’
- ‘I think it really captures how much he loves bath time.’
- ‘Bed time, bath time, meal time - nothing will feel the same again.’
- ‘Any new parent knows that one of the big surprises of having a baby is how difficult bath time can be.’
- ‘He is usually at home twice a week in time for supper and once a week for bathtime.’
- ‘Fighting with the kids at bath time is one of the less pleasant aspects of parenting.’
- ‘Sing during bath-time to relieve the tension or have some soft music in the background.’
- ‘Here are some quick and fun ideas to build safety into bath time for any age child.’
- ‘A squirt of baby bath liquid for an older baby will give enough bubbles to liven up bath time.’
- ‘Be careful not to get the soap/shampoo in your baby's eyes - stinging eyes can put babies off bathtime.’
- ‘By last night some were heading for clubs and pubs, some towards bath time.’
- ‘My singing voice is not quite up to scratch and best kept for bath time.’
- ‘How full can you fill the tub at bath time?’
- ‘A few cups or beakers for demonstrating how to pour will liven up bathtime.’
- ‘And bath time is the best part of the day.’
- ‘Here are my two favorite people in the world getting ready for bathtime.’
- ‘Made of soft, floatable, foam, these books are perfect for bath time, playtime, or story time.’
- ‘She has a love/hate relationship with bathtime.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.