Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The performing of an industrial process on material in batches of a limited quantity or number.
- ‘But as Kane points out, the global computing industry has developed huge expertise in mass producing silicon chips, so once the basic techniques are finalised, there will be little difficulty in batch processing the devices.’
- ‘This can lead to greater efficiency during batch processing.’
- ‘Surviving with three to five times the quantity of part numbers to achieve the same sales volume will drive the need to adopt more flexible manufacturing techniques and tools among batch processing stampers and molders.’
- ‘Suitable for batch processing, laboratory production, or quality assurance analysis, the precision heads can be mounted on robotic platforms or conveyors.’
- ‘It models liquids and bulk materials, handling batch processing as well as continuous and semi-continuous processes, liquid storage, and transport systems.’
- 1.1Computing The processing of previously collected jobs in a single batch.
- ‘This principle has been with us since the early batch processing systems of the late 1950s.’
- ‘By then most companies will have converted their current collection of batch processing and near real-time information systems to super speedy ‘just in time’ processes.’
- ‘While the huge volumes may seem daunting, localizing the backlog content is straightforward, requiring the appropriate language and engineering resources to do the job through batch processing.’
- ‘The ratio of time slots reserved for batch processing versus other processes also may be adjusted.’
- ‘Backups, recovery, batch processing, and archiving applications are primarily created and accessed sequentially.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.