One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small fox found in southern and East Africa, with very large ears that are used to locate insect prey.
Otocyon megalotis, family Canidae
- ‘You will also see gemsbok, springbok, eland, blue wildebeest, cheetahs, wild dogs, jackals, bat-eared foxes and leopards.’
- ‘When I was in the midst of the baboon troop, animals that are normally extremely wary of humans, like bushbuck, warthogs, and bat-eared foxes, walked right up to me; a warthog even let her babies play at my feet.’
- ‘The stars of the show are, of course, the animals and the collection is impressive, including lions, tigers, elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees, sable antelope, bat-eared foxes, dolphins, polar bears and many other species.’
- ‘We finally saw live specimens of the bat-eared foxes, so many of which are killed by traffic on the roads to Kgalagadi.’
- ‘The bat-eared fox also scores relatively high on the second canonical variate, closely followed by the arctic fox and the remaining foxes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.