One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small fox found in southern and East Africa, with very large ears that are used to locate insect prey.
- ‘We finally saw live specimens of the bat-eared foxes, so many of which are killed by traffic on the roads to Kgalagadi.’
- ‘When I was in the midst of the baboon troop, animals that are normally extremely wary of humans, like bushbuck, warthogs, and bat-eared foxes, walked right up to me; a warthog even let her babies play at my feet.’
- ‘You will also see gemsbok, springbok, eland, blue wildebeest, cheetahs, wild dogs, jackals, bat-eared foxes and leopards.’
- ‘The bat-eared fox also scores relatively high on the second canonical variate, closely followed by the arctic fox and the remaining foxes.’
- ‘The stars of the show are, of course, the animals and the collection is impressive, including lions, tigers, elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees, sable antelope, bat-eared foxes, dolphins, polar bears and many other species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.