One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Above the bassy boom of the television there was a banging repetition of sounds.’
- ‘Say there is a really high end chirping sound that one person is doing, someone else might counter it with a really bassy tone.’
- ‘He was using one of those microphones that stand-up comics often favour, a really bassy one with lots of hiss and crackle and constantly on the verge of some really serious feedback.’
- ‘The bundled earphones aren't exactly an expensive set, but they give good reproduction, even at low volume, adding a nice bassy warmth to the sound while retaining the crispness of the higher frequencies.’
- ‘And when you're in the water, there's a constant deep bassy sound.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.