One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It particularly affected me when I saw the destruction made to get down the basso-relievos on the walls of the frieze.’
- ‘There is a big granite basso-relievo in the frontispiece of the memorial which is 41.8 metres long, 5.4 metres high.’
- ‘The top of the bluestone doorframe is a vast transversal stone upon which the building's name is engraved, along with other fancy basso-relievo serving as decoration.’
- ‘A large basso-relievo representing a lion courant, probably the arms of the city or those of its rulers, has been inserted into the inner wall above the western gate.’
- ‘I produced a basso-relievo in silver, carved with a group of foliages and several figures of youths, and other beautiful grotesques.’
Mid 17th century: from Italian basso-rilievo.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.