One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, brightly coloured fish related to the sea basses.
Genera Gramma and Lipogramma, family Grammidae: several species
- ‘Fish life is excellent, especially among smaller reef species - damsels, basslets and clownfish, tiny basslets and anthias in particular.’
- ‘Amid the coral and sponge branches you will find hamlets, basslets, parrotfish and moray eels.’
- ‘We joined the swarming shoals of surgeon, basslet, butterfly fish, damsel fish, fusiliers and some bemused jack fish.’
- ‘Of the very many different species of anthias and basslets, the lyre-tail anthias are probably the ones you notice most.’
- ‘The blackcap basslet, a relative of the large species of groupers, uses its bulging eyes to find food while it scavenges on the coral reef.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.