One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjectiveNorth American
- another way of saying ass-backwards
- ‘You've got him all bassackwards, and it seems like you don't even care.’
- ‘It seems the previous owners of the car must have had the hoses replaced and the mechanic must have put the hoses on there bassackwards.’
- ‘Somehow, wearing a taboo word on your shirt is all right, as long as it's written in some way bassackwards.’
- ‘I live here now and there is bassackwards high country thinking all around.’
- ‘However, I also feel that the Community Corporation is going about things in a ‘bassackwards ' way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.