One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjectiveNorth American
- another way of saying ass-backwards
- ‘I live here now and there is bassackwards high country thinking all around.’
- ‘You've got him all bassackwards, and it seems like you don't even care.’
- ‘Somehow, wearing a taboo word on your shirt is all right, as long as it's written in some way bassackwards.’
- ‘However, I also feel that the Community Corporation is going about things in a ‘bassackwards ' way.’
- ‘It seems the previous owners of the car must have had the hoses replaced and the mechanic must have put the hoses on there bassackwards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.