Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The South Sotho people collectively, living chiefly in Lesotho.
- ‘Among the Basotho, it is customary for aristocrats to marry within the clan.’
- ‘By welcoming refugees, he raised the Basotho from a small clan to a nation.’
- ‘As I've said before, politically this would only be possible if it was an issue driven by the Basotho themselves.’
- ‘The united people eventually formed the Basotho nation.’
- ‘What exactly are we doing, as Basotho and friends of Basotho, to make Lesotho beautiful?’
The name in Sesotho.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.