One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Material woven in the style of a basket.
- ‘Like all aspects of Balinese life, the intricately carved wooden sculptures, bamboo basketwork, silver and gold jewelry, and textiles are linked to religious and traditional beliefs on the island.’
- ‘Protective coverings were made of leather, wood, shells, or basketwork, later replaced by bronze, iron, and steel.’
- ‘Every available space is tastefully adorned with artwork: masks, busts, paintings, basketwork, weaponry, shields and much, much more.’
- ‘The whole basketwork shell was constructed flat, and then gradually jacked into shape over about two weeks in early February.’
- ‘Here, a path leads through a hay meadow to a children's glade with great womb-like basketwork swings.’
- 1.1 The craft of making basketwork.
- ‘Using traditional methods, skilled craftsmen and craftswomen indulge in Basketwork, which is famous in and around Ecuador.’
- ‘Traditional crafts included pottery, basketwork, and woodwork.’
- ‘Occupational therapy in the form of needlework, woodcarving and basketwork and entertainment including film shows and dancing all played a big role in the men's rehabilitation.’
- ‘Rural skills in craft making (pottery, basketwork) are often unique and in varying demand from city dwellers.’
- ‘The village of Liopetri is famous for its traditional basketwork.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.