One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Material woven in the style of a basket.
- ‘Every available space is tastefully adorned with artwork: masks, busts, paintings, basketwork, weaponry, shields and much, much more.’
- ‘The whole basketwork shell was constructed flat, and then gradually jacked into shape over about two weeks in early February.’
- ‘Like all aspects of Balinese life, the intricately carved wooden sculptures, bamboo basketwork, silver and gold jewelry, and textiles are linked to religious and traditional beliefs on the island.’
- ‘Here, a path leads through a hay meadow to a children's glade with great womb-like basketwork swings.’
- ‘Protective coverings were made of leather, wood, shells, or basketwork, later replaced by bronze, iron, and steel.’
- 1.1 The craft of making basketwork.
- ‘The village of Liopetri is famous for its traditional basketwork.’
- ‘Rural skills in craft making (pottery, basketwork) are often unique and in varying demand from city dwellers.’
- ‘Traditional crafts included pottery, basketwork, and woodwork.’
- ‘Occupational therapy in the form of needlework, woodcarving and basketwork and entertainment including film shows and dancing all played a big role in the men's rehabilitation.’
- ‘Using traditional methods, skilled craftsmen and craftswomen indulge in Basketwork, which is famous in and around Ecuador.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.