One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The craft of basket-making.
- ‘Other crafts include textiles, leatherwork, basketry, and stained glass.’
- ‘The craft day will include classes in parchment work, decoupage, crochet, copper craft and basketry.’
- ‘Unemployed people mostly revert to traditional economies such as fishing; gathering of wild fruits and vegetables; woodcarving; pottery; basketry, and iron forging.’
- ‘I had always been fascinated with basketry and found basketry a means of doing sculpture.’
- ‘Other handicrafts include woodcarving and basketry.’
- 1.1 Baskets collectively.
- ‘The Yavapai Indians have created some of the most beautiful basketry the world has ever seen, yet very little is recorded of their art.’
- ‘I went to the market and I was in heaven, what with all the ceramics and woodwork and basketry and textiles and silverwork and everything.’
- ‘The museum features Native American artifacts, such as basketry, pots and masks, as well as a fabulous realistic/romantic Western painting collection.’
- ‘Crafts, particularly basketry, along with woven hangings and printed textiles, are developed for the urban and tourist markets.’
- ‘Basketry, pots and beadwork jewelry were interspersed, lending diversity of colors and textures to the exhibit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.