One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The craft of basket-making.
- ‘Other crafts include textiles, leatherwork, basketry, and stained glass.’
- ‘Other handicrafts include woodcarving and basketry.’
- ‘I had always been fascinated with basketry and found basketry a means of doing sculpture.’
- ‘Unemployed people mostly revert to traditional economies such as fishing; gathering of wild fruits and vegetables; woodcarving; pottery; basketry, and iron forging.’
- ‘The craft day will include classes in parchment work, decoupage, crochet, copper craft and basketry.’
- 1.1 Baskets collectively.
- ‘I went to the market and I was in heaven, what with all the ceramics and woodwork and basketry and textiles and silverwork and everything.’
- ‘The Yavapai Indians have created some of the most beautiful basketry the world has ever seen, yet very little is recorded of their art.’
- ‘Crafts, particularly basketry, along with woven hangings and printed textiles, are developed for the urban and tourist markets.’
- ‘Basketry, pots and beadwork jewelry were interspersed, lending diversity of colors and textures to the exhibit.’
- ‘The museum features Native American artifacts, such as basketry, pots and masks, as well as a fabulous realistic/romantic Western painting collection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.