One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who makes baskets.
- ‘Under the guidance of a crafts council approved basket-maker, everyone made his or her own traditional willow basket.’
- ‘Born a slave, whose own father could well have been from Africa, he worked as a farmer, blacksmith, and basket-maker.’
- ‘Known as ‘the premier split oak basket-maker of the Ozarks,’ he ran a basketweaving business out of his backyard shop.’
- ‘The Irish Basketeers Association was selected to collect video footage of old basket-making techniques and also to gather some of today's working basket-makers and video their techniques before these skills disappear.’
- ‘His father was a basket-maker, while his mother's family were brewers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.