One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With two workers in each group, the teams carry basketfuls of glutinous rice, which has already been soaked, to the workshop and its four cookers, where the rice is steamed.’
- ‘So of course they provided a whole basketful of them.’
- ‘I wonder if you would allow me to cash out my two items, as you have a basketful, I'll be done really quickly?’
- ‘A basketful of fruit is delivered to the centre every week.’
- ‘But the 38-year-old house husband proved he has an eye for a bargain by claiming a basketful of prizes worth thousands of pounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.