One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The building is basilican in plan with service spaces and exhibit spaces on either side of a central circulation spine.’
- ‘The religious structure, which from initial inspection measures about 15 meters [49.2 feet] wide, follows a basilican plan with no transept, a marble flooring, and a very beautiful mosaic.’
- ‘There were thirty-one basilican churches in Rome alone.’
- ‘In 1989 the remains of a basilican drill and exercise hall was discovered, so far unique among the auxiliary forts of the Roman Empire.’
- ‘Paired with the Labors of Adam and Eve in the British Library and Huntington Library Speculum books is an image of Noah's ark, a bargelike vessel with a basilican superstructure beneath a dove with outstretched wings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.