One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to St Basil the Great, or the order of monks and nuns following his monastic rule.‘a Basilian school in France’
- ‘He offers this volume, then, as an extended commentary on selected Basilian texts, one that takes account of modern developments in Basilian studies.’
- ‘As one teacher said to me yesterday in a discussion about Basilian education, we have so many wonderful things to say and such a rich fountain of thought and tradition.’
- ‘The Basilian Fathers is an international religious congregation of Roman Catholic priests and aspirants to the priesthood.’
- ‘He says that motto is applied by Basilian educators to athletics in order to ‘educate the whole person, in mind, body and spirit.’’
- ‘The Basilian model of organized charitable and social work has been followed in more recent times.’
A Basilian monk or nun.‘the principles he had absorbed from the Basilians’
- ‘The Basilians were responsible for the missions in Alberta.’
- ‘This land was offered to the Basilians on the condition that they erect a parish church along with a college.’
- ‘In 1958, the Basilians assumed responsibility for the community and the parish was renamed St. Basil's.’
- ‘It was a private school administered by the Basilians and as such it did not receive any government grants.’
- ‘He has accepted to co-ordinate the invitation to Basilians in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.