One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of hydrogen atoms replaceable by a base in a particular acid.
- ‘If the amines were acting as the hydrogen bond acceptors, the bimolecular quenching constants would be expected to increase with basicity of the amines, i.e. for amines with lower pK b values.’
- ‘One hypothesis they did not consider is the high basicity of lysin (PI 10 11; J. Nam, personal communication) and the high acidity of VERLs.’
- ‘The basicity of an organic acid is determined by the number of carboxyl groups present.’
- ‘Classical means of separation were based on the small differences in basicity and solubility.’
- ‘It is the chemical basicity of the nucleotides that has given them the common term ‘bases’ as they are associated with nucleotides present in DNA and RNA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.