Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘She has a quiet, humble presence not to be confused with bashfulness, and a Bob Marley shirt claiming, ‘One Love.’’
- ‘By reserve we do not mean bashfulness or timidity.’
- ‘The crowd eventually found its courage after a moment of bashfulness and then the flurry of items commenced to wend they way to the stage.’
- ‘Modesty suggests shunning indecent behavior but it also implies bashfulness based on timidity.’
- ‘The MVP award is a topic players normally shoo away with humility and bashfulness - whether sincere or not.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.