One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By reserve we do not mean bashfulness or timidity.’
- ‘Modesty suggests shunning indecent behavior but it also implies bashfulness based on timidity.’
- ‘She has a quiet, humble presence not to be confused with bashfulness, and a Bob Marley shirt claiming, ‘One Love.’’
- ‘The crowd eventually found its courage after a moment of bashfulness and then the flurry of items commenced to wend they way to the stage.’
- ‘The MVP award is a topic players normally shoo away with humility and bashfulness - whether sincere or not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.