One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But as Bill praised the service at a ceremony outside The Lowry centre, Katie, who was waiting for her turn to speak, pulled faces and smiled bashfully at the audience.’
- ‘‘He called me up and asked me to get involved in his new image and design stuff,’ Devangelis says bashfully.’
- ‘‘I feel strongly about that stuff,’ he adds almost bashfully.’
- ‘‘I think it's going to be a good film, provided they cut all the scenes with me on the horse,’ he offers bashfully.’
- ‘Halfpenny's mother, who paid for her daughter's ballet lessons when she was a child, ran onstage to give her a hug but bashfully turned back before the cameras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.