One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘He called me up and asked me to get involved in his new image and design stuff,’ Devangelis says bashfully.’
- ‘‘I think it's going to be a good film, provided they cut all the scenes with me on the horse,’ he offers bashfully.’
- ‘‘I feel strongly about that stuff,’ he adds almost bashfully.’
- ‘Halfpenny's mother, who paid for her daughter's ballet lessons when she was a child, ran onstage to give her a hug but bashfully turned back before the cameras.’
- ‘But as Bill praised the service at a ceremony outside The Lowry centre, Katie, who was waiting for her turn to speak, pulled faces and smiled bashfully at the audience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.