One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thin, delicate membrane of protein fibres and mucopolysaccharides separating an epithelium from underlying tissue.
- ‘In the normal cervix, TN formed a thin, delicate, continuous band within the basement membrane of the squamous epithelium.’
- ‘The cells of stratum basale constitute a single layer of columnar or cuboidal cells in contact with the basement membrane and connective tissue of the dermis.’
- ‘Between the basal surface of epithelial cells and the underlying connective tissue is the basement membrane, which varies markedly from place to place and in certain disease states.’
- ‘As a basement membrane separates an epithelium from the underlying lamina propria or supportive tissue, so it also separates the follicle from the theca.’
- ‘When red blood cell casts are observed in the urine, the glomerular basement membrane or the epithelial lining of the renal tubule may be injured.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.