One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some observers interpret these symbols cynically, as opportunistic, basely commercial, unquestioningly nationalistic expressions of pro-war sentiment.’
- ‘See how men, who have been well-trained, prefer to receive a blow rather than basely avoid it!’
- ‘In such countries, the master acts as basely towards his prince as his slave does towards himself - civil slavery is linked to political slavery.’
- ‘How could a man of such a lofty ethical character stoop so basely?’
- ‘Can she who professed delicacy of sentiment and sincere regard for me, use me so very basely and so very cruelly?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.