One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some observers interpret these symbols cynically, as opportunistic, basely commercial, unquestioningly nationalistic expressions of pro-war sentiment.’
- ‘See how men, who have been well-trained, prefer to receive a blow rather than basely avoid it!’
- ‘Can she who professed delicacy of sentiment and sincere regard for me, use me so very basely and so very cruelly?’
- ‘In such countries, the master acts as basely towards his prince as his slave does towards himself - civil slavery is linked to political slavery.’
- ‘How could a man of such a lofty ethical character stoop so basely?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.