One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cotton cap of a kind originally worn by baseball players, with a large peak and an adjustable strap at the back.
- ‘She quickly opened the door and bustled into the front seat beside the driver, his face shadowed by a baseball cap.’
- ‘He is described as young and tall and was wearing a black tee-shirt, jeans and a baseball cap.’
- ‘I am the king of the table and no one is pushing me around… apart from maybe that woman in the baseball cap.’
- ‘Matt was in a pair of jeans and a flannel shirt with a blue baseball cap on the top of his head.’
- ‘I wouldn't be seen dead in a baseball cap in the UK but when I am abroad I'm never without one!’
- ‘He sighed and took off his baseball cap to wipe the sweat from his brow with a forearm.’
- ‘Henry's hat obsession began on his 21st birthday, when he was given a baseball cap as a present.’
- ‘He was wearing a two-tone baseball cap with a dark peak and designer label on the forehead part.’
- ‘He was casually dressed in a pair of jeans and a baseball cap, but his facial expression was more serious.’
- ‘Many years ago an Italian friend of mine, who knew Senna quite well, gave me a baseball cap signed by the great man.’
- ‘His accomplice wore a Burberry baseball cap, with dark striped sports top and blue tracksuit bottoms.’
- ‘He was wearing a dark-coloured tracksuit with the hood up and a baseball cap on underneath.’
- ‘Justin carefully took a familiar baseball cap out of his back pocket and shyly handed it to her.’
- ‘Try to get him remove the baseball cap he's wearing and you'll see his other side.’
- ‘He was of stocky build with stubble on his chin and wore a blue baseball cap, blue T-shirt and jeans.’
- ‘Lizzie watched Jake sit, run his hands through his hair once more and put on his baseball cap.’
- ‘As well as dressing as a workman and a builder, he has worn dark sunglasses, a baseball cap and a hood.’
- ‘One of them was wearing a navy baseball cap with the letter N printed on the front.’
- ‘In some of the raids the man masked his face with dark sunglasses, a baseball cap, a hood and a newspaper.’
- ‘So if you're having a bad hair day on the weekend, give it a rest and slip on a baseball cap.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.