One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Even though their basal metabolism is revved up, people with rheumatoid arthritis tend to be less active than people without - which reduces their caloric needs,’ says Roberts.’
- ‘Under anaerobic conditions, mussels depress their basal metabolism to increase survival.’
- ‘In rodents, sympathetic activation of brown fat appears to play an important role in increasing thermogenesis and basal metabolism via activation of uncoupling proteins.’
- ‘This involuntary activity is known as basal metabolism and represents about 60 percent of your body's energy need.’
- ‘Some sources use the terms resting metabolic rate or resting energy expenditure to describe basal metabolism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.