One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of structures linked to the thalamus in the base of the brain and involved in coordination of movement.
- ‘In contrast, the drug responding group had additional changes, in some very specific brain regions: the brain stem, the basal ganglia, the hippocampus regions that are again deep structures.’
- ‘No beta-APP-positive axons were detected in sections of frontal lobe, basal ganglia, cerebellum, pons, and spinal cord from 4 randomly selected, aged-matched control cases.’
- ‘Atrophy is most marked in the corpus striatum of the basal ganglia, including the caudate and putamen.’
- ‘Superimposed on this reflex arc, are suprasegmental modifying influences from the brain stem, cerebellum, basal ganglia, and cerebral cortex.’
- ‘In each case, these sections included frontal cortex, basal ganglia, thalamus, hippocampus, midbrain, pons, medulla, and cerebellar hemisphere at the level of the dentate nucleus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.