One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of skin cancer, most commonly occurring on the face, that often invades surrounding tissue but seldom metastasizes.
- ‘The clinical differential diagnosis included squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, and malignant melanoma.’
- ‘Stender and colleagues evaluated the efficacy of therapy developed for treatment of basal cell carcinomas and actinic keratoses in the treatment of recalcitrant warts.’
- ‘Histologic examination is consistent with squamous cell carcinoma in 95 percent of cases, although basal cell carcinoma, melanoma, and sarcomas also may be present.’
- ‘Squamous cell carcinomas, like basal cell carcinomas, can be induced by ultraviolet radiation.’
- ‘In melanoma or pigmented basal cell carcinomas, treatment is based on tissue diagnosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.