Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for rodent ulcer
- ‘Stender and colleagues evaluated the efficacy of therapy developed for treatment of basal cell carcinomas and actinic keratoses in the treatment of recalcitrant warts.’
- ‘In melanoma or pigmented basal cell carcinomas, treatment is based on tissue diagnosis.’
- ‘Squamous cell carcinomas, like basal cell carcinomas, can be induced by ultraviolet radiation.’
- ‘Histologic examination is consistent with squamous cell carcinoma in 95 percent of cases, although basal cell carcinoma, melanoma, and sarcomas also may be present.’
- ‘The clinical differential diagnosis included squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, and malignant melanoma.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.