One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘According to our current understanding, after the big bang most of the normal or baryonic material in the universe consisted of the lightest two elements, hydrogen and helium, with only trace amounts of lithium and beryllium.’
- ‘Astronomers can derive the matter density - that is the sum of the baryonic and dark-matter densities - from the absolute strength of the first peak.’
- ‘Much of the universe is unknown still, at least to us on Earth, although most of the known baryonic mass is evidently in a simple form.’
- ‘Particle physicists have suggested that other types of particle than baryonic ones might have been produced in the seething cauldron of the early Universe.’
- ‘The baryonic number, which is equivalent to the atomic mass number, has to remain constant for a reaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.