Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of Bartholin's gland, typically accompanied by cysts or abscesses.
- ‘Patients in group B had bartholinitis with symptoms of rubor, swelling or pain on the day of study enrolment.’
- ‘Including the case herein reported there have been a total of 14 cases of bartholinitis and bartholin's abscess described in the literature.’
- ‘Rarely, bartholinitis is due to a sexually transmitted disease.’
- ‘But another important cause of bartholinitis is gonorrhoea, which is a sexually transmitted infection.’
- ‘However, the same cannot be said where diseases of the vulvo-vaginal glands, called Bartholin glands, are concerned, in particular cysts of these glands, i.e. bartholinitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.