One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of Bartholin's gland, typically accompanied by cysts or abscesses.
- ‘Including the case herein reported there have been a total of 14 cases of bartholinitis and bartholin's abscess described in the literature.’
- ‘But another important cause of bartholinitis is gonorrhoea, which is a sexually transmitted infection.’
- ‘However, the same cannot be said where diseases of the vulvo-vaginal glands, called Bartholin glands, are concerned, in particular cysts of these glands, i.e. bartholinitis.’
- ‘Rarely, bartholinitis is due to a sexually transmitted disease.’
- ‘Patients in group B had bartholinitis with symptoms of rubor, swelling or pain on the day of study enrolment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.