One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of Bartholin's gland, typically accompanied by cysts or abscesses.
- ‘Patients in group B had bartholinitis with symptoms of rubor, swelling or pain on the day of study enrolment.’
- ‘Including the case herein reported there have been a total of 14 cases of bartholinitis and bartholin's abscess described in the literature.’
- ‘However, the same cannot be said where diseases of the vulvo-vaginal glands, called Bartholin glands, are concerned, in particular cysts of these glands, i.e. bartholinitis.’
- ‘Rarely, bartholinitis is due to a sexually transmitted disease.’
- ‘But another important cause of bartholinitis is gonorrhoea, which is a sexually transmitted infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.