One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Swiss Protestant theologian Karl Barth or his writings.‘the Barthian view of Scripture’
- ‘He sets forth an expressly Barthian approach to Scripture.’
- ‘The professor, at one time, stood squarely within the Barthian tradition and its interpretation of Barth's theology.’
- ‘Could you say something about what elements of the Barthian position particularly attracted you?’
- ‘In his rejection, he follows the Barthian and post-liberal lines.’
- ‘I really come out of the Barthian stable.’
An admirer or student of Barth or his work.‘Barthians will find the conclusions difficult to embrace’
- ‘He finds it truly surprising the way Barthians speak about religion.’
- ‘Barth himself was not interested in followers and was quick to say that if there were Barthians in the world, he did not count himself amongst them.’
- ‘Barthians, such as myself, will find the conclusions difficult to embrace.’
- ‘She wants to learn from Barth, while harboring no desire to become a Barthian.’
- ‘The label Barthian was attached to many.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.