One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Swiss Protestant theologian Karl Barth or his writings.‘the Barthian view of Scripture’
- ‘He sets forth an expressly Barthian approach to Scripture.’
- ‘In his rejection, he follows the Barthian and post-liberal lines.’
- ‘The professor, at one time, stood squarely within the Barthian tradition and its interpretation of Barth's theology.’
- ‘I really come out of the Barthian stable.’
- ‘Could you say something about what elements of the Barthian position particularly attracted you?’
An admirer or student of Barth or his work.‘Barthians will find the conclusions difficult to embrace’
- ‘The label Barthian was attached to many.’
- ‘Barthians, such as myself, will find the conclusions difficult to embrace.’
- ‘He finds it truly surprising the way Barthians speak about religion.’
- ‘She wants to learn from Barth, while harboring no desire to become a Barthian.’
- ‘Barth himself was not interested in followers and was quick to say that if there were Barthians in the world, he did not count himself amongst them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.