One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Actually, by tradition Filipinas have been in charge not only of children but of family funds as well, even while functioning as field hands and small-item vendors or barterers.’
- ‘For a representative of the Proletariat, he was an excellent barterer.’
- ‘The keen interest which Scandinavian ‘kings', war-bands, and barterers showed in Europa is ultimately a tribute to the magnetism which it exerted.’
- ‘Interestingly, children are some of the best barterers around.’
- ‘Whether it's a car boot sale, a Moroccan souk or a high street store, men are useless barterers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.