Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘She graduated as a Tisch Scholar and she also went through the classic American rites of passage - working at McDonalds during high school and bartending and waitressing while starting her acting career.’
- ‘I have worked with sales, in the nightclub business and bartending.’
- ‘The thing I love about working at the Highland Games beer tent is that it's remedial bartending.’
- ‘But there are a lot of women out there who have a flair for bar tending,’ Lavanya, a dancer learning bartending, says.’
- ‘The workshop covers various aspects of bartending like selection and caring of glassware, serving, essential bar ware, cocktail making and so on.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.