One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person serving drinks at a bar.
- ‘One of the bartenders placed two drinks in a tall glass in front of Dai and Cooper.’
- ‘The decor is cool, the music is good, the drinks are great, and the bartenders aren't bad looking either.’
- ‘The bartenders will make whichever drink of your choice, or invent a new one just for you.’
- ‘She saw his eyes slip away at the same time she was about to signal the bartender for more to drink.’
- ‘After midnight, the bartenders were drunk and were taking forever to make drinks.’
- ‘Typically, bartenders contend that their primary job is to make drinks and collect the money.’
- ‘She asked for a shot of Vodka and sat patiently as the bartender severed the drink.’
- ‘He goes to a saloon where the bartender is alone and asks him to change the bill.’
- ‘The drinks are served by caring bartenders, who really know their stuff.’
- ‘He advises training bartenders to count the number of drinks that customers consume.’
- ‘Please enjoy the game and don't forget to order a drink from one of our bartenders.’
- ‘Jamie nodded at the bartender as he brought Jamie his drink, and downed it in one gulp.’
- ‘I ordered a drink from the bartender and sat at the bar waiting for the guys to start.’
- ‘They also say changing the system will allow unscrupulous bartenders to water down drinks.’
- ‘The bartender dropped down our drinks and then went off to help the other bar patrons.’
- ‘Drinks are prepared well by beautiful bartenders and aren't overly priced.’
- ‘Drinks and drafts were poured expertly, unusually for bartenders working in this neighborhood.’
- ‘The bartenders make good drinks and they always have quality music and good sound.’
- ‘The bartender poured a drink into a shot glass, and gave it to him.’
- ‘I went to a bar where the bartenders know me and would give me sympathy drinks for free.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.