One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The opening of the starting gate that begins a horse race.‘the race was won and lost at barrier rise’‘the horse was attacked from the barrier rise’
- ‘He let the horse roll along from barrier rise, opening up a break on the field.’
- ‘He has a full set of options from barrier rise.’
- ‘At barrier rise, 7-4 was obtainable.’
- ‘He missed the barrier rise by half a length.’
- ‘His hands with the reins shot forward at barrier rise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.