One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of contraception using a device or preparation which prevents live sperm from reaching an ovum.
- ‘Improved barrier methods and potent safe spermicides with antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties are in demand.’
- ‘This observation suggests a protective role of barrier method of contraception.’
- ‘Using a barrier method of birth control, such as a condom or having sex with only one long-term partner also can reduce your exposure to these diseases.’
- ‘In order to prevent sexually transmitted infections as well as pregnancy, you must use a barrier method of contraception.’
- ‘The most common reasons for seeking emergency contraception are failure of a barrier method of contraception (usually condoms) and failure to use any method.’
- ‘‘We are also working with drama groups which are sensitising the communities on the advantages of contraceptives as barrier methods against unwanted pregnancies,’ he said.’
- ‘In patients at risk for STDs, greater emphasis should be placed on use of a barrier method of contraception, either alone or in combination with another contraceptive method.’
- ‘To reduce risk of transmission patients should be advised to use barrier methods and to avoid sexual intercourse when symptomatic.’
- ‘‘Our message to Ryerson students, both male and female, is that the female condom is a safe additional barrier method available for sexual protection,’ says Dias.’
- ‘When appropriate, the use of an intrauterine contraceptive device or other barrier method of birth control is ideal.’
- ‘Diaphragms and caps are barrier methods of contraception.’
- ‘You should also use a barrier method of contraception, such as a condom until the problem has been identified.’
- ‘Condoms are a barrier method of contraception.’
- ‘For our presentation, we chose to encourage sexually active young people to limit the number of their sexual partners and to use contraception, especially barrier methods such as condoms.’
- ‘Even if it's technically impossible to produce a 100% fail - safe contraceptive, barrier methods still have a role to play in preventing unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.’
- ‘The church will also continue to oppose barrier methods of contraception, including condoms, as well as the morning-after pill.’
- ‘Condoms are also the most widely available barrier method in Zambia,’ she said.’
- ‘The only way to have safe sex is to use a reliable barrier method of contraception such as a condom.’
- ‘A barrier method of contraception should be used to prevent pregnancy while taking hormonal medicines because they can damage a developing baby.’
- ‘The Department of Health has a long-standing commitment to the provision of preventive barrier methods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.