Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See barrel race
- ‘Last week, she competed in barrel racing in Exira, Whiting and Bloomfield.’
- ‘She is riding Ace - a 10 yr old mare who is in her 5th season of barrel racing.’
- ‘Tickets start at $20 for the rodeo, which includes seven events, from barrel racing to bull riding.’
- ‘Susannah, in between her sophomore and junior year at the time, had just won the Silver State barrel racing championship in Nevada.’
- ‘Events include riding, bull riding, barrel racing, team roping, steer wrestling and tie-down roping.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.