One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rodeo event (particularly for women) in which each competitor in turn rides their horse in a set pattern around three barrels in the fastest possible time.‘she competed in the barrel race with her horse Hank’
- ‘About 20 juniors from the area will compete in the barrel races, and about 30 locals will participate in the steer rides.’
- ‘I'll be helping out behind the scenes, setting up the barrel for other competitors in the barrel race.’
- ‘She has been Barrel Racing for seven years and was Junior Barrel Race Champion in 2009.’
- ‘The streets are closed, the sun is shining, and once the great barrel race kicks off around the town square, you know the festivities have begun.’
- ‘And along with the high-risk, high-reward bounty challenge, there will be a series of cowgirl barrel races.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.