One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rodeo event (particularly for women) in which each competitor in turn rides their horse in a set pattern around three barrels in the fastest possible time.‘she competed in the barrel race with her horse Hank’
- ‘About 20 juniors from the area will compete in the barrel races, and about 30 locals will participate in the steer rides.’
- ‘And along with the high-risk, high-reward bounty challenge, there will be a series of cowgirl barrel races.’
- ‘The streets are closed, the sun is shining, and once the great barrel race kicks off around the town square, you know the festivities have begun.’
- ‘She has been Barrel Racing for seven years and was Junior Barrel Race Champion in 2009.’
- ‘I'll be helping out behind the scenes, setting up the barrel for other competitors in the barrel race.’
- ‘She is riding Ace - a 10 yr old mare who is in her 5th season of barrel racing.’
- ‘Events include riding, bull riding, barrel racing, team roping, steer wrestling and tie-down roping.’
- ‘Last week, she competed in barrel racing in Exira, Whiting and Bloomfield.’
- ‘Tickets start at $20 for the rodeo, which includes seven events, from barrel racing to bull riding.’
- ‘Susannah, in between her sophomore and junior year at the time, had just won the Silver State barrel racing championship in Nevada.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.