One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See barrel vault
- ‘The practice's masterstroke, in this most sensitive of sites, at the entrance to one of London's best-loved parks, is the very discreet insertion of a new barrel-vaulted concert hall.’
- ‘When the library and the Zecca were connected about 1590 by the present barrel-vaulted passageway, Sansovino's original sensible and even dramatic solution was ignored.’
- ‘The architects for this barrel-vaulted roof required a mix of standing seam and shingle techniques - challenges which the contractors met with excellent copper work.’
- ‘A new structure, connecting two historic buildings, features recording studios and a barrel-vaulted concert hall.’
- ‘The symmetrical, barrel-vaulted hall of the library reading room occupies the floor above.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.