One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Discomfort and inflammation in the ear caused by the changes of pressure occurring during air travel.
- ‘Another name for barotitis media that is more popular among divers is middle ear squeeze.’
- ‘One study found that 22% of children had a finding of barotitis after a flight, and previous ear pain and nasal congestion were associated factors.’
- ‘People with barotitis media generally develop symptoms immediately following the dive, but delays of up to one day or longer have been reported.’
- ‘Do's and Don'ts: To keep from getting barotitis media, don't travel by airplane or scuba dive when you have a head cold.’
- ‘It sounds like barotitis, but is it usual for the effects of barotitis to occur two or more days after flying?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.