Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A receptor sensitive to changes in pressure.
- ‘Centrally, there is reduced density and sensitivity of the baroreceptors and a down regulation of sympathetic receptors.’
- ‘In addition to arterial baroreceptors, low-pressure baroreceptors exist and these respond to the degree of stretch of veins and the cardiac atria.’
- ‘The vagus nerve transmits afferent signals from the aortic arch baroreceptors, regulating arterial pressure.’
- ‘The decrease in cardiac output that occurs with heart failure is associated with a decrease in blood pressure that activates baroreceptors located in the aortic arch and carotid arteries.’
- ‘When the baroreceptors sense the slightest drop in pressure, a coordinated increase in sympathetic outflow occurs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.