Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A receptor sensitive to changes in pressure.
- ‘The decrease in cardiac output that occurs with heart failure is associated with a decrease in blood pressure that activates baroreceptors located in the aortic arch and carotid arteries.’
- ‘In addition to arterial baroreceptors, low-pressure baroreceptors exist and these respond to the degree of stretch of veins and the cardiac atria.’
- ‘Centrally, there is reduced density and sensitivity of the baroreceptors and a down regulation of sympathetic receptors.’
- ‘The vagus nerve transmits afferent signals from the aortic arch baroreceptors, regulating arterial pressure.’
- ‘When the baroreceptors sense the slightest drop in pressure, a coordinated increase in sympathetic outflow occurs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.