One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Utterly Butterly barnstormers wowed the crowds with their daring aerobatics on top of the biplanes.’
- ‘By 21, he was a married barnstormer, touring with his own company nine months of the year.’
- ‘Lindbergh started his aviation career as a barnstormer, a trick pilot who performed stunts for audiences in the 1920s.’
- ‘I've also stunned myself by loving a Faithless record - alright, Mass Destruction sounds like Black Steel by Tricky, but that doesn't stop it being a full-on barnstormer of a tune.’
- ‘The industry matured from barnstormers to its ubiquitous place in modern life at great cost in private and public money, as well as crashed planes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.