One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This kind of artful barminess takes skill and showmanship - something she has in abundance, along with knives, guns, deep-seated conservative attitudes and the most diseased brain since Krang.’
- ‘What comes across most powerfully in this sumptuous work is the wonder, variety and sheer barminess of mankind's perennially fruitless quest for a truly ideal home.’
- ‘However peculiarity is a characteristic of all things Royal, not to say outright barminess.’
- ‘Sadly these are hard times, we must panic; otherwise David Blunkett's barminess will have been for naught!’
- ‘It is putting up 26 candidates and, apart from a moderately sensible policy querying the wisdom of allowing the current system of postal voting to continue, it's pure barminess all the way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.