One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm a total sucker for inspired silliness and non-stop, groan-worthy double entendres and barmily burgeoning plots.’
- ‘The CRS, in even more barmily chic outfits, were getting pelted with rocks.’
- ‘No-one in Hollywood would have dreamed up anything so absurd, yet barmily delightful.’
- ‘From the barmily romantic ‘Just Like Fred Astaire’ to the anthemic ‘We're Going To Miss You ’, this is indulgent, swaggering and even survives Sinead O'Connor on ‘Vervaceous’.’
- ‘These are Tory Trotskyites who are quite happy that things should get worse, because they barmily think they will then get better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.