One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These are Tory Trotskyites who are quite happy that things should get worse, because they barmily think they will then get better.’
- ‘The CRS, in even more barmily chic outfits, were getting pelted with rocks.’
- ‘From the barmily romantic ‘Just Like Fred Astaire’ to the anthemic ‘We're Going To Miss You ’, this is indulgent, swaggering and even survives Sinead O'Connor on ‘Vervaceous’.’
- ‘I'm a total sucker for inspired silliness and non-stop, groan-worthy double entendres and barmily burgeoning plots.’
- ‘No-one in Hollywood would have dreamed up anything so absurd, yet barmily delightful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.