One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mosquito-borne viral disease characterized by a rash, and joint and muscle pain.‘twelve people have been struck down with Barmah Forest virus so far this year’
- ‘The alphaviruses Barmah Forest virus and Ross River virus accounted for 6,036 (77 %) of these.’
- ‘Ross River and Barmah Forest viruses are now commonly reported from southern states.’
- ‘On the east coast, from south-east Queensland through to the far northern NSW border, you also get lots of nuisance of biting from mosquitoes and the chance of Barmah Forest Virus.’
- ‘"We are seeing increased reports of Ross River and Barmah Forest virus from the capital cities too."’
- ‘The incidence of Ross River and Barmah Forest virus infections increase greatly during summer.’
- ‘Murray Valley encephalitis (MVE), Ross River fever (RRF) and Barmah Forest virus (BFV) occur periodically in parts of Australia.’
- ‘The Public Health Unit has updated the warning from February 4 after Ross River and Barmah Forest viruses were identified in mosquitoes collected from these suburbs.’
- ‘Barmah Forest virus was detected.’
- ‘Dengue fever, with similar symptoms to Ross River and Barmah Forest viruses, is another mosquito-borne danger, present north of Townsville.’
- ‘Georges River residents and visitors have been warned to protect themselves against mosquito bites after the Barmah Forest virus was found in mosquitoes trapped at Alfords Point in January.’
1980s: from Barmah Forest in northern Victoria, where the virus was first isolated.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.